Sunday, October 26, 2008

Progress till the final submission

So far i think i'm on track with what i want done for each day till the submission date. Though i am having a lot of trouble with modelling in sketchup because of the stairs. Though i am going to be sticking to using just google sketch up, because i can use vray with sketchup too. I may take it into 3ds max for a better render but i shall see. I understand as a student of architectural computing i should be learning to use an array of programs to complete my work, but i think i want to be able to grasp the idea of one program first and fully understand its capabilities. Looking at google sketchup i find many programs are pretty much similar to sketchup in terms of toolbar functions etc. So i realize that though i am using this fairly simple program, i can still learn from it and apply it to more complex programs like solidworks.

I have slowly began to refine my idea of the silkeborg in terms of how i am going to present it on the 3 A1 pdf's. My plan will be to address the structure itself, looking at room location and curvatures in the building and the play of light.

I have noticed in my model when i look at lighting and shadow, i can see how the open areas from the top how they light up the interior in specific spots in the museum. I believe this was Utzorns intention of using this natural spotlight feature, to convey the artwork. So that is where my design and poster will lead me into.

No comments: