Wednesday, October 15, 2008

250 words on my redesign

This part is going to be hard to decide how my model is going to be turning out. But i think my model will be leaning towards the styles of Frank Gehry because i believe that though Utzon does not consider Gehry as a true architect their styles even though different still lead to a similar result.

After having a long talk with Ross about my design and such. I have turned away from using Frank Gehry as a means of describing Utzorn's work. Talking to Ross made me understand the true meaning of how he calculated every aspect of his buildings. I find Utzorn's way of thinking to have great depths in it. I was amazed at how he could see past the objects visual feature and use its structure as a means of creating his architecture. for example the line structure of the leaves is what fueled one of his architectural designs. I find this way of thinking to be beyond the capabilities of most architects.

I feel that my design will be based on the original plans of the Silkeborg, but i will change/add a few features that i feel express his ideas of lighting and caves. I also have noticed that in some of Utzons buildings his palette of colour is very limited. That is why i feel it is a must to replicate this same idea into the redesign.

No comments: