Monday, September 15, 2008

Website precedent study

In regards to my website design, i tried to make it simple as to represent the idea of this close community in the capsule tower (reminds me of a beehive). The structure of the tower isn't complicated, it uses simple shapes as a means of construction.

Ross had shown me in earlier weeks, of an architect's website, 'Jean Nouvel' http://www.jeannouvel.com/ . The website was simple and elegant, which lead me to try and imitate that idea into my own website.

Though i wanted to go in that direction, i felt i would alter my own design to incorporate my own feelings into the design. Which is why i chose to merge together a series of rectangular shape objects as a backdrop to my website.

My website is simple and uses a dominant black and white colour. Yet it also merges together this "fun and wacky" side with the use of the backdrop animation.

No comments: